- The primary trade route from the River Kingdoms to Brevoy is the East Sellen River, a major waterway that runs through a swampy region to the west called the Hooktongue Slough. The trade route’s been closed for several months, though,due to an increased amount of violence from the boggard tribes that dwell there—hopefully the frog folk keep to the swamp and don’t turn their bulging eyes east toward the Narlmarches!
- The old tower on the island in Candlemere marks a place where the boundary between this world and another has rasped thin—and is now guarded by some sort of deadly monster.
rumors about the nomen heights and varnhold
- A silver dragon lives in the Tors of Levenies, but no one’s seen her for some time. Perhaps she moved on?
- A giant bird lives in the ruins of an old tower on Talon Peak.
- Lake monsters lurk in Lake Silverstep, they say, but the eels that live there as well make damn fine eating.
- The Nomen centaurs of the Dunsward are violent and territorial—if you’re going to visit them, make sure you don’t make any sudden moves when one of their war parties approaches you. The Nomen centaurs eat humans. I suppose that’s not technically cannibalism, but it’s still pretty horrible!